To provide a child-centered and parent-involved preschool program based on the foundation of the Unitarian Universalist Seven Principles and a belief that the family should be involved in their child’s development. This program for 3-4-year-old children enhances the intellectual, emotional, physical, social and creative development of children within the preschool community.
Our school is located and affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Frederick. Cooperative membership is open to all interested families. There is no requirement either to attend or join the UU Congregation. We do not promote any particular religious instruction.
The principles we embrace are:
- We believe each and every person is important.
- We believe all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
- We believe we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
- We believe each person must be free to search for what is true and right.
- We believe all persons should have a say about the things that concern them.
- We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- We believe in caring for the planet Earth, our home, which we share with all living things.
As a cooperative, CLC parents are involved in all aspects of running the preschool. Parents and select other adult caregivers may serve as co-teachers in the classroom helping manage and guide the children at Miss Sue’s direction.